"I’m an adult, but not like a real adult"
anyone between the ages of 18 and 25 (via prettyboystyles)
people need to understand that some people just don’t like talking it has nothing to do with u so don’t take it personally like some people just aren’t talkers and they’ll probably never text u first or initiate a conversation and it’s not because they don’t like u it’s just that they don’t think to say anything bc they’re comfortable with not saying anything
For my FAQ: Will lifting give me gross, bulky muscles?
When I say lifting, I mean frequent, progressive, heavy weight lifting.
Let’s get one thing clear: lifting has the potential to make you big, bulky and muscular - saying anything else is wrong. However, saying lifting will always make you huge is also wrong - it takes so much more work than you can imagine.
You can be a big, muscular woman and lift weights. You can be a skinny woman and lift weights. You can be a big, muscular man and lift weights - and you can be a skinny man and lift weights. There’s also no such thing as ‘bulky muscles’ vs ‘lean muscles’ - it’s all muscle mass.
I also want to say that being bulky is not a bad thing. Do not shame people for having goals that’s different from yours. Do not shame people for not wanting to look the same way you do. Body shaming of any kind is not ok.
Here are some things you should know:
- Muscles are more metabolically active than fat, so more muscle mass means you will burn more calories even at rest - so muscles will actually help you lose fat.
- Doing the same exercise for the same number of reps with heavier weight uses more energy=more calories burned.
- Lifting helps increase insulin sensitivity by upregulating the mechanism for glucose utilization allowing for higher carb tolerance after workouts
- Men burn fat and build muscle faster due to their high testosterone level (women have the same amount of testosterone as a 10 year old boy) - so it will take a lot of hard work and dedication for a long time to actually get as big as the female bodybuilders you might have seen.
- Female bodybuilders doesn’t accidentally build that much muscle. They train, eat, take supplements geared and work their asses of 24/7 specifically towards it for years (and some take steroids as well)
- How you eat while lifting is what really determines whether you’ll get bigger.
- No changes happens overnight! If you’re unhappy with how your body is changing, stop! Change up your diet, change your routine - stop lifting completely if that would make you feel better.
- If you love lifting, do it! Contrary to popular belief, everything you do doesn’t have to be about looking a specific way. You can do things simply because you enjoy! Isn’t that amazing?
This tag is just too perfect.
I did like 8 of these yesterday, and focused on having really good form like this girl does, and I woke up with sore abs today. After just doing 8 of these. Yeah I think they work.
Yep these work really well ouch :)
"I might be too young to settle down and marry, but I’m definitely too old to be playing anymore games. I’m too old to just be talking to someone, too old to not know what’s really going on, and too old to be entertaining somebody with no intention of making it work. At this age, I’m only interested in consistency, stability, respect and loyalty. And I want to hear someone tell me that they love me and know they Goddamn mean it."